Thursday, October 1, 2015

Who is the favorite son?

For those that are not aware, I have four sons.  And, this was the topic of the car ride today with my eldest son.  He was telling me a short story that while drinking, my boys had this conversation.  Two girlfriends were there and were hearing what my boys were saying.  And, they all came to the conclusion that my favorite was Mana, the eldest.  My third son, according to the short story, was emotional because he stated that he tries everyday to be my favorite.  And, that Mana had to do nothing and he was the favorite.  In his opinion, Mana did not deserve to be the favorite.

So my son asked, "Who is the favorite son?"


"Son, I do not have a favorite.  I love you all the same," I responded.
I have no idea who Dr. Drew is, but Mana responded, "Dr. Drew says you are a lair."
"I am not Dr. Drew.  I do not feel like Dr. Drew.  Dr. Drew and I are different," I responded.

First, I must add, that my mother nicked named my eldest son Buscabullas; for being an instigator.  Therefore, his short story most likely is questionable.

So, who is my favorite son?


And, to tell you the truth, I am not able to distinguish who I love the most.  I have demonstrated my love to all the same.  All my sons, just the sight of them, makes me happy.

Mana brings laughter with his questionable questions and constant kisses on my forehead.  Danny brings love with his smiles and laughter.  David brings an unbelievable vocabulary that is delightful to hear.  Pepe brings almost daily hugs and the greatest smile.

No!  I do not know who is my favorite.  Therefore, I have no favorite.


But, if you want me to say, just to bring peace to my boys.  Then, in that case, Lobo is my favorite.  My Honey calls Lobo a traitor because he almost always comes to me when I go outside.  He likes to play with me and he scratches my legs when he wants to play.  No shorts around Lobo; hate the scratches.  And, when he hears my car pull up the driveway, he starts howling and running back and forth from the yard to the back porch.  He knows how to demand his food and let me know that he is hungry.

"I have no favorite.  In my heart I love all my boys the same."

Regards,


Leticia N. Hernandez
Blogging, Marketing & Selling

No comments:

Post a Comment